Yes, rubber flooring is very durable. Specially designed to stand up to heavy workouts and high traffic environments. Great for sound insulation and easy maintenance.
FloorScore is a voluntary, independent certification program that tests and certifies hard surface flooring and associated products for compliance with criteria adopted in California for indoor air emissions of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) with potential health effects. Floorscore is the most recongnized indoor air quality certification standard for hard surface flooring materials. Qualifies for many green building schemes including LEED v4, WELL, BREEAM, and CHPS.
One of the most important decisions you need to make when choosing your rubber flooring is the thickness needed. The thicker the rubber, the longer the flooring will last. Thicker rubber will also provide softer underfoot, better cushioning, and superior shock/sound absorption. Higher thickness will result in higher cost.
Thin Rubber Flooring – 3/8″ to 1/2″
- Ideal for bodyweight exercises, light dumbbells, etc
Medium Thickness – 1/2″ to 3/5″
- Ideal for commercial gyms, free weights, crossfit, and more.
Thick Thickness – 3/5″ to 14/16″
- Ideal for commercial gyms, heavy free weight area, deadlifts, powerlifting and squats
Yes it is! All of our rubber products offer customizable options including colors, logos and patterns.
Click here to use Dinoflex’s custom color innovator.
Rubber flooring is among the longest lasting and best-performing flooring options. There are a variety of benefits available including:
- Shock Absorption – Rubber provides significant shock absorption that reduces fatigue and foot injury
- Soft Underfoot – Soft and comfortable underfoot
- Resistance to Heavy Load – Rubber can withstand thousands of pounds of equipment without bending or breaking due to its high density
- Great Durability – Strong, tough, and long lasting which makes it hard to gouge, scuff or scratch
- Water Resistance – Resistance to moisture, making rubber invulnerable to mold and mildew
- Slip Resistance – Rubber provides a good grip, so rubber flooring is non-slip and helps reduces slip and falls
- Safety – Soft and resilient covering provides excellent protection with superior shock-absorption and cushioning.
- Sound Absorption – Rubber has the ability to absorb sound and muffle the ambient noise. Ideal for apartment or multi-family gyms that may have residents living below.
Rubber flooring offers an eco-friendly, green flooring solution:
- Most flooring is made from recycled rubber material
- Natural rubber is a rapidly renewable raw material
- Feature low volatile organic compound (VOC) emissions
- Floorscore certified to meet strict indoor air quality requirements
- Qualify for LEED credits
- Interlocking tiles can be installed without any adhesives, making floor 100% recyclable
- Long durability and life cycle reduces the need for frequent replacement
Rubber naturally has a “rubbery” smell. Although recycled rubber products smell a bit less than rubber, the odor usually disappears soon after installation once it has the opportunity to air out.
Rubber flooring is available in two styles:
Square Edge – Square tiles that must be glued together.
Interlocking Tiles – Tiles that click together like puzzle pieces. They do not require any glue or other adhesives and can be quickly and easily put into place by anyone;
Browse our Rubber Products
• ABPure Sheet
• ABPure Tile
• Marathon Sheet
• Marathon Tile
• Nature’s Collection
• Next Step High Impact
• Next Step Luxury
• Next Step Walk Soft
• Stride Fitness
• Cushion Walk